Dog Licensing in Pima County
Every dog three (3) months of age or older which is kept within the boundaries of cities, towns or unincorporated areas of Pima County for 30 days or longer is required to be vaccinated for rabies and licensed by Pima County. The rabies vaccination must be administered by a licensed veterinarian, and proof of the vaccination is required to purchase a license.
HOW TO BUY: For your convenience, you may purchase the license from Pima Animal Care Center online, in person, by mail, or through a participating veterinary clinic at the time of rabies vaccination. We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, cash, money order, cashiers check or personal check (with 2 forms of ID).
FEES: Licensing fees are set by the jurisdiction where the dog resides.
DISCOUNTS: Several types of discount are offered, but they are mutually exclusive; choose the one that gives you the best discount, and specify it for each license you purchase. See our Fees page for more information. NOTE: Proof of eligibility must be submitted to receive a discount.
LICENSE TERM LENGTH: A license is good for no longer than a year and expires on an anniversary of the vaccination. Vaccinations are good for either one or three years, and the year a license expires depends on which year of the vaccination term the license is based on. A license can never expire after the vaccination expires.
TAGS: The metal license tag issued with your first license is permanent for the life of the dog, but the license must be renewed annually for the tag to remain valid. If the permanent tag is ever lost, please contact PACC Licensing to find out how to replace it.
FIRST-TIME LICENSE: A rabies vaccination must be valid (not expired) for the duration of the license term.
PACC Licensing will process your information, create your account, assign a temporary license number, and send you the login information you will need to purchase your new license online (referred to as renewing a temporary license).
- Online - Please complete the Animal License Application Form and submit it with a current vaccination certificate and any other required attachments
by email to: Licensingpacc@pima.gov --- OR ---
by fax to: (520) 791-6627 --- OR ---
by US mail to: Pima Animal Care Center, 4000 N Silverbell Rd, Tucson AZ 85745
RENEWAL: A rabies vaccination must be valid (not expired) for the duration of the renewal license term.
- In person - Please visit us during our hours of operation at 4000 N Silverbell Road. Proof of a current rabies vaccination is required to purchase a license. Be sure to bring any other proof of eligibility, such as for an altered license or a discount.
- By mail - Please complete the Animal License Application form and mail with your payment to Pima Animal Care Center, 4000 N Silverbell Rd, Tucson AZ 85745. If purchasing a license for more than one animal, you may use one check for the total amount due.
- Online - The login information you will need is your License # and Person ID. It will look like this on your renewal notice:
To renew a license with a current vaccination and no changes to your or your dog's information, please proceed with online licensing.
If your renewal notice indicates that your pet needs a new vaccination, or you wish to change any information on your or your pet's record, or you wish to apply for a discounted license, please complete and submit the Owner Update Form with applicable attachments.
- By mail - Mail the payment stub with your payment and proof of vaccination (if required) to Pima Animal Care Center, 4000 N Silverbell Rd, Tucson AZ 85745.
DONATIONS: We also invite you to donate to the animal shelter online separately or when renewing a license.
CONTACT US: by phone (520) 243-5969 Monday through Saturday 8am to 5pm or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Donation Helps Us Save The Lives of Animals. Learn more.
For Pima Animal Care Licensing Documents:
To view/save/print/email Pima Animal Care Center Licensing Documents you must have Adobe Reader version 9 or higher installed on your P.C.
To install Adobe Reader (free) click on the link below.