|| The state of Arizona
requires that all dogs over 3 months of age be licensed.
You will need proof of current rabies vaccination before
licensing your dog.
||You need to
- A Vaccination certificate signed by a licensed Veterinarian containing the following
- Vaccine manufacturers name
- Type of vaccine used (MLV or Killed)
- Serial or Lot Number
- Date vaccination was given
- Veterinarians name
- How long the vaccine is valid
||Low cost licenses
- Animals must be provided with adequate food, water, shelter, medical care, exercise space and ventilation.
- Remember, that animals can die in less than 5 minutes if left in a hot vehicle.
The shelter requirement does not apply to livestock.
||Regarding your liability for your animal:
- If your animal bites or attempts to bite someone or, destroys property or other animals you are liable for damages.
- All animal bites must be reported to the Pima Animal Care Center
- Your dog must be kept in an enclosed yard when on your property.
- Tieouts are prohibited
- Your dog cannot be off your property unless restrained by a leash.